Thursday, February 19, 1981

A different side


It was a pretty boring day. I look forward to school so much yet when I’m there I wonder what it is I look forward to. Because I don’t exactly do anything exciting. In English, Jeremy and Duncan gave their taped seminar, which was filled with all the usual cosmetic effects of music and jokey voices. Everyone rolled about with laughter and Hirst drooled.

At home after Art I thought about how at the moment I feel so trapped and hemmed in by my career outlook and social circumstances. I started to feel really bad; so ordinary, so boringly normal, so chronically lazy, and so very low key that it feels like I don’t really make an impression anywhere.

I stayed up late listening to Radio Moscow’s North American service on short wave. It’s interesting to hear a different side of things for once.

No comments:

Google Analytics Alternative